– So, do you want to take this one?
– Well, I'm definitely interested but the price is higher than I was looking to pay.
– What did you have in mind?
– Well, what could you come down to?
– You know, it's a really gorgeous piece. You don't find many in such good condition either, so it's a pretty good price already.
– I saw one on another stall that was a couple of hundred less, so maybe…
– Well, I might be willing to drop the price by a hundred.
– Knock off a hundred and fifty and I'll take it.
– Okay, go on then. I think you've got a deal.
– So I've had a chance to go through the contract in detail and I've got a couple of questions.
– Of course. What can I help you with?
– Well, first, clause 25… Can you shed some light on how that would affect us?
– Well, basically, it just means you'll have to apply for an extended warranty once your standard warranty expires.
– I see. I take it you'll be able to advise us further when the time comes?
– Yes, our insurance department will be able to help you.
– That does mean a lot of extra expense that we hadn't factored in.I'llI need some time to digest all this. Can I get back to you later in the week?
– …train is delayed by thirty minutes.
– I don't believe it! Again? This is absolutely outrageous! That's the third time this week.
– Yeah, the trains are driving me crazy. It's not as if it's cheap to travel by train!
– I know! I'm going to start cycling to work again. Save myself a fortune…
– The delayed 17:50 to Crewe has been canceled due to.…
– That's it! I've had it up to here with commuting. I'm going to complain!
And let's talk more about the impact of this shutdown. It could affect millions of Americans. That includes hundreds of thousands of U.S. employees who will stop getting paid from the Defense Department to the IRS. Now, some of them are heading to work today anyway, uncertain whether they'll actually be working and worried about what the shutdown will mean for their finances.
It is nasty out there, folks. And I'm not talking about winter weather. The flu, horrible colds, stomach bugs – we are a sick bunch of people right now. Millions are getting sick from these ailments, which, of course, leads to missing days of work or school, doctor's visits. But for some people, this can be extremely serious. They are ending up in the hospital or even, in the worst cases, dying.