– I read this article that said people would be taking vacations in space within a couple of decades. Can you imagine going into space? It would be such a weird sensation.
– Weird in what way? Isn’t it just like being on a plane, only higher up?
– Yeah, but imagine being weightless and floating around.
– Oh, you mean eating your lunch upside down? Yeah, that would be weird.
– But it’d be fascinating -like the trip of a lifetime. A voyage into the unknown.
– So, how do you define happiness and success? Are they the same thing?
– As far as I can tell, they're not necessarily the same thing. I mean, according to a recent job-satisfaction survey, accountants are the most unhappy. But as far as careers go, accounting is considered one of the best.
– Yeah. I mean, we're brought up to believe that happiness means having lots of money-a big house and everything. But as far as I'm concerned, you can't define happiness in terms of what you own. No possession in the world can make you truly happy.
– I think the main problem with our diet these days is that we eat too much processed food. Take cereal, for instance. If you look at the list of ingredients, you can't even pronounce most of them.
– Oh, I know.
– I mean, can all those additives be good for you?
– Yeah, and look at food coloring and artificial flavors. I mean, why do they need to add that stuff?
– I know. I imagine most people don't read the labels.
– And then the manufacturers make all those claims such as “Lowers your cholesterol.” I mean, do most people really believe that stuff? I think a lot of those claims are misleading.
– So how are things going, now that you’ve graduated?
– OK, but it was hard moving back in with my parents. I’m not saying we don’t get along, but frankly there’s a bit of friction. You know, they have all these rules.
– Well, I have to say, it is their house. What I mean is, it’s probably not easy for them, either.
– I know. I’m just saying it’s hard to get used to. And they’ve even asked me to pay rent now.
– Well, … you’d have to pay rent if you had your own place.