– So I reckon we can do the whole job for you, all in at 200,000 dollars.
– We need to talk about what exactly that price would include.
– Well, that figure cover manpower and insurance, but not materials, of course.
– I don't think we could go with that. We propose that we pay you 150,000 dollars inclusive of materials.
– I'm afraid we can't go along with that. Let's think about how we can make this work. Another possibility is to pay us by the day for labor and materials.
-We suggest that we pay you €700 per head per day.
-We'd like to keep the bookkeeping easy. So, we'd like to aggregate these daily rates.
-Well, that's an interesting proposal, but €700 per day is far too low. €950 is nearer the mark.
-Let's think about how we can make this work.
-Another possibility might be to have two rates: €650 for the programmers and €950 for the others.